Learn the most essential freelancing tips you need to know in just 1 hour.
Created by Kristen Palana
Last updated 3/2019
What you’ll learn
- Discover and develop the most useful personality traits shared by the most successful freelance artists and designers.
- Unlock the mystery of communicating and understanding the client so your work is loved and raved about, gaining you even more clients down the road.
- Respect and protect yourself as a freelancer. Protect your time, money, reputation, and sanity with best business practices and never be taken advantage of again.
- Know once and for all what to charge and how to carry out a successful gig from beginning, middle, to end so both you and the client are happy.
- Get tips for starting out and finding your first (repeat) clients.
- Please come with an open mind and your own talent and ambition to succeed.
Are you a designer, filmmaker, illustrator, or multimedia artist looking for simple yet effective ways to earn money and build your reputation doing what you love?
“Very nice thoughtful course especially for anyone considering freelancing. Kristen covers many aspects of doing business online relevant to current practices. She talks from experiences about her successes and what she learned from her mistakes. If you’re thinking about freelancing many of Kristen’s suggestions are vital to protecting yourself from bad or downright awful experiences.” -Jerry Montgomery
I’ll show you tried and true best practices for finding and keeping happy, repeat clients, and how you can best build your portfolio, reputation, experience, and income the quick and easy way.
This course will help you create a successful and sustainable freelance business built on a simple but powerful mantra, “Respect Yourself. Respect Your Client.” STOP being exploited and start earning money doing what you love. Build your confidence and be on the right path as a freelancer in just ONE hour.
By the end of this course you’ll confidently be able to:
- Know and develop the characteristics and personality traits that all successful freelancers share.
- Hone in on exactly which services you should offer and which you should NOT.
- Set your prices and know once and for all what to charge.
- Protect yourself by using easy-to-manage yet professional contracts and invoices.
- Protect your business by painlessly planning for the tax man.
- Become a client-whisperer who listens to and communicates well to deliver the projects clients want, need, and love.
- Know the most effective ways to find new clients and turn them into happy repeat customers.
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently an Associate Professor of Digital Media at American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this freelance masterclass for artists, filmmakers, animators, and designers and join our growing learning community!
Click the “Take This Course” button in the upper right corner and let’s get started building your powerful new freelancing skills today.Who this course is for:
- This course is best suited for complete beginners, students wanting to break into freelancing, and novices.
- Experienced freelancers looking for better and more efficient ways of dealing with clients and completing successful projects will also find value in this course.
- This is NOT a course that focuses solely on getting the most clients by any means possible. This is a course about having a successful and sustainable freelancing business that builds (together with your own talents and time) your reputation, income, and business confidence.